WPS Office 2016 Free – Replace or Upgrade MS Office
I’ve been using WPS Office 2016 Free for the past month (September 2016) on Windows 7, Windows 10, Android and Linux Mint and I have been impressed. For my workflow, I haven’t stumbled across any compatibility issues when opening, editing, creating, sharing, or importing WPS documents and spreadsheets on any of the platforms I use.
Weighing in at a mere 72MB, this suite is tiny compared to a full MS Office install and, on the computers I use, WPS opens more quickly and seems more responsive than its counterpart. One feature I appreciate is the ability to select different toolbars based on person preference. Choose between classic icons, a ribbon or the newest “flat” style ribbon.
From the WPS Office website:
- The perfect free office software
- Your dream solution for a low-budget, no-commitment, free productivity office suite.
- The smallest size office suite consisting of Writer, Presentation, and Spreadsheets, plus PDF tools to fulfill all of your document needs.
- Includes a brand new Docer Templates page.
- Available in English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Polish and Russian.