The Trade School’s Orientation for Core
Wednesday, July 12th, the seats are filled and expectations are high. The Dean delivers 45 minutes of riveting information from NCCER course work to DIR mandates.
When the lights go up we’re left with the contenders, those willing to go the distance. New recruits for the construction industry emerge. True, most of them are future Electricians but, Hot Diggity Dog, this semester we have carpentry students as well!
The Trade School is developing our workforce one student at a time. Whether they are future electricians, roofers, framers, or low voltage specialists, they all start with the Core class.
Train. Build. Succeed.
What is Core?
The modules covered are:
- Basic Safety
- Introduction to Construction Math
- Introduction to Hand Tools
- Introduction to Power Tools
- Introduction to Construction Drawing (Blueprints)
- Basic Rigging
- Basic Communications Skills
- Basic Employability Skills
- Introduction to Materials Handling
Does it sound basic? Don’t make the mistake that it’s easy. Ask a veteran, basic training isn’t easy.
It is comprehensive and thorough. They’ll earn their certificates. firstname.lastname@example.org