Introduction to Incident (Accident) Investigation – OSHA 7505
Individuals responsible for their organization’s safety and health system, and who would be involved in conducting accident and/or near-miss investigations should take this course.
This course provides an introduction to basic accident investigation procedures and describes accident analysis techniques. The goal of the course is to help participants gain the basic skills necessary to conduct an effective accident investigation at their workplace. Class begins 03/08/2019 at Shasta Builders’ Exchange.
• Characteristics of an effective accident investigation program
• Process for conducting accident investigations
• Accident investigation basics
• The Six-Step Process
• Preserve and document accident scenes
• Collect facts through interviews
• Develop sequence of events
• Determine the cause
• Develop recommendations
• Report writing
Continuing Education Units (CEUs): 0.8