Did You Know? – #002
Public Works Contractor Registration (PWCR)
The 10-digit registration number assigned to you as a contractor is referred to as a PWCR number (Public Works Contractor Registration).
The DIR number is the assigned project number.
Contractors must meet the following requirements to register:
- Have workers’ compensation coverage for any employees and only use subcontractors who are registered public works contractors.
- Have Contractors State License Board license if applicable to trade.
- Not have any delinquent unpaid wage or penalty assessments owed to any employee or enforcement agency.
- Not be under federal or state debarment.
- Not be in prior violation of this registration requirement once it becomes effective. However, for the first violation in a 12-month period, a contractor may still qualify for registration by paying an additional penalty.